I was at the annual LifeLinks International Leadership conference last week. The theme this year was discipleship and story telling. The were several break out sessions that addressed the ins and outs of leadership development that were also helpful. What was extremely refreshing was to hear the pastors in the break out session not come across as experts who have it all together. Too often I have been at conferences and the speaker comes across as being the expert who 'has arrived.' Here are my take aways from the conference.
- Move slowly; choose wisely
- It is much easier to lay hands on people than lay off hands of people
- DNA matters
- 1% churches growing by conversion
- An introvert will influence 10,000 people in their life time (quoted form John Maxwell)
- Trying to disciple from the pulpit is like trying to feed babies by going to the nursery and spraying them with milk.
Post a Comment