Ran across these necessary components pastors need to establish the DNA for multiplying disciples in their church. Worth thinking about for any church leadership team.
- A pastor’s first priority is growing every member of the church to be a mature, reproducing disciple.
- Every person called to salvation is called to discipleship.
- The gospel expects all disciples to make other disciples.
- All ministry activities should be evaluated by their contribution to growing mature, reproducing disciples.
- The method should be Jesus’ way of personally making disciples who make other disciples.
- Success should be measured not by how many disciples are made, but by how many disciples are making other disciples.
- Our churches exist for making disciples, and disciples are God’s gift to the world.
- The ultimate goal of making disciples is world revolution. When the gospel is preached to all peoples, the end will come. Conversion and Discipleship, Bill Hull, p 205.