Translate

Tuesday, December 25, 2012


“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8 ESV)

I am studying through Revelation for my devotional time and did a little research today on the phrase, 'the Alpha and the Omega.'  Here is what I found.  
Jesus is the first and the last; the beginning and the end and everything in between.  John's point is that Jesus is the beginning of all history as the Creator and also the goal for whom all things are made (Col 1:16).  All history is about Him, directed by Him and is moving toward glorifying Him.  Summed up, he is the center of all things.  My initial reaction to these thoughts were, is he really the center of my life?  In what ways or areas of my life is he not the center?  Then it moved to, 'is he the center of the life of every person who call CCC, the church I pastor, home?'  If he is not the center, then when He comes, we will not face him as a Father but as a judge (Rev 1:7).  That concerns me as I ponder the spiritual lives of the people God has called me to pastor.  I am concerned that within this spiritual community called Christian Community Church, there are those who profess Christ but do not really possess Christ.  Jesus, make yourself known as the Alpha and Omega by opening eyes to see and ears to hear what it really means to put Christ as the center of our lives,  what it means to have saving faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment