Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

23 Declarations I’ll Make If Trump or Clinton Is Elected

Found this post from Marvin Williams on a former professors FB page.  A must read for anyone who follows Christ!

Trump anxiety. Is it real? Psychologists and massage therapists believe it is real. They are seeing more and more of their clients stressing over the rise of Donald Trump. People are fearful, nervous, and panicky about the possibility of Donald Trump becoming president of the United States, and I don’t blame them.

His rhetoric is divisive, abusive, exclusive, and the most disturbing of all, it’s popular. I have to admit, it frightens me to think that Trump could become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world (It scares me just as much if Clinton becomes president, and these could declarations can be applied to her as well).
I know this fear is not healthy for me, and that is the reason I have decided to do something about these feelings. Instead of panicking and becoming nervous over the possibility of Trump or Clinton becoming president, I have decided to make some simple, but powerful biblical declarations. I invite you to join me.
1.    I will trust that God reigns. Psalm 93
2.    I will believe God rules over the nations, and he gives authority to whom he chooses. Daniel 4:32
3.    I will embrace that no one can stop God. Daniel 4:35
4.    I will be still and know that God is God. Psalm 46:10
5.    I will not fear, but I will place my hope in God alone (not the government). Psalm 131:3
6.    I will remember God determines a ruler’s authority and boundary. Acts 17:26
7.    I will remember God has placed him/her there. Romans 13:1
8.    I will trust that the Lord’s purposes will prevail. Proverbs 19:21
9.    I will refuse to be anxious. Philippians 4:6
10.I will turn my stress into prayer requests. Philippians 4:6
11.I will intercede for him/her. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
12.I will pray and work for the peace of our country. Jeremiah 29:7
13.I will submit to his/her leadership, as long as his/her demands don’t conflict with God’s law. Titus 3:11 Peter 2:13
14.I will obey his/her leadership, as long as his/her demands don’t conflict with God’s law. Titus 3:1
15.I will be ready to do good. Titus 3:1
16.I will remember we are not fighting against flesh and blood. Ephesians 6:12
17.I will cry out to the Lord. Psalm 72:12-14
18.I will believe God directs the heart of political authorities. Proverbs 21:1
19.I will not panic if I don’t fully understand God’s plan. Proverbs 20:24
20.I will still preach the gospel and work for peace and justice. Psalm 82:3-4
21.I will honor and respect those in authority. Proverbs 24:21Romans 13:71 Peter 2:17
22.I will use rights and freedoms granted to me by the authority of the Constitution.Acts 16:35-3922:22-29
23.I will not move to Canada or the Caribbean (Well, I might go to the Caribbean for a purely selfish reason – It’s warm)
We are not slaves to fear and our ultimate hope is not in a donkey or an elephant but in the Lion from the tribe of Judah. His name is Jesus! Therefore, when we feel panic and fear, let us not lose hope, but remind ourselves of these powerful biblical truths.
Please check out these posts if you want to know more about if Christians should vote or how to determine for whom you should vote.
Turn Your Minutes into Moments
What other declarations can you make?
Which declaration resonates with you the most?
When you feel nervous or fear during this election season, which declaration will you remind yourself of the most?


No comments:

Post a Comment