Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2012


From Trevin Wax at Gospel Coalition . . .

11 Questions to Discern a Judgmental Heart

Our pastor, Mike Lee, is currently preaching through the Gospel of Matthew. This past Sunday, he preached on Matthew 7 and Jesus’ command to “judge not.” At the end of his sermon, Mike shared these 11 questions designed to help us discern a judgmental and critical spirit.
1. Am I more likely to see the sin in others than my sin?
2. When I pray, am I more likely to pray for God’s judgment on others rather than marvel at God’s amazing grace toward me?
3. Am I overly critical toward others while I give myself a pass or an excuse and justify my own sin?
4. Does my own sin ever lead me to deep remorse and repentance?
5. Do I have people whom I allow to hold me accountable for my sin and unforgiving heart?
6. Do I have a tendency to be unforgiving while expecting others to forgive me quickly?
7. Do I find joy in exposing sin in others?
8. Do I find more joy in the “gotcha” moments of exposing sin or in sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ?
9. When others see how I deal with people, will they think God is mighty to save or that God would never forgive them and there is no hope for forgiveness?
10. Do I receive correction humbly?
11. Before I correct others, do I spend time in God’s Word and prayer asking the Holy Spirit to expose my sin so that I might repent?

No comments:

Post a Comment