Translate

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Greatest Sin is Neglecting our Bibles


I've come, as I've told you so many times, to believe, as the years have gone by, that the greatest sin of Christians is neglect of the Bible. And let me say this too, I think the greatest sin of Christians in evangelical churches is neglect of the Bible. It's been my observation, and I am including myself, it's been my observation that our greatest failure is we don't read the Bible. We listen to people talk about the Bible. We listen to preachers, like me. And we read books. But we do not read the Bible, and it should be reversed. We should read the Bible, and of course, the Bible tells us not to neglect teachers of the word or evangelists or those who have the gift of exhortation, but we are to read the Scriptures. The Scriptures are the source of our spiritual food. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." That really is a sin for which we in Believers Chapel are guilty. - S. Lewis Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment