Translate

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Some More Reflections on Grace

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Eph 1:2). 

Grace flows like an endless and eternal fountain from God our Father toward us as his children.  It is like the air we breath and an eternal fountain flowing from an endless ocean of grace in which we swim.  It is sovereign and endless and free.  As recipients, we do not deserve it and cannot do a single thing to earn it.  God gives it freely to whom he chooses.  It begins in His electing love and finds its culmination in our eternal glorification.  We will never be able to plummet the depths of His grace even in eternity and that it is so endless that we will never exhaust it in eternity (Eph 2:7).  Yet it is available to all who will receive him, who will trust in the work of his crucified Son!
What is so amazing is that I have experienced this grace.  It overwhelms me with praise and thanksgiving that I am a recipient of this priceless grace, that I breathe and swim in it, that this fountain of grace is always at my disposal, and that I will never be able to exhaust it.   It secures for me the promise of every spiritual blessing in Christ.  There has never been and will never be a blessing that is good for me that He will withhold from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment