Translate

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Reflections about Sunday

 
Sunday was surely one of the highlights of my ministry here in Homer.  As I have reflected on what God has miraculously done in the last year or so to make this happen, I am in awe that we are known, loved, and blessed by such an awesome God! 

I am thankful to God that some many of you who have given of your time, talents, and treasures to make this a reality.  You have labored hard and long and financially contributed to make this dream a reality.

I am thankful to God that many of the older generation have lived to see and worship in the new sanctuary! 

I am thankful to God doing more than we could ask or imagine in his financial provision.  Every time I tell the story, my faith is encouraged.

I am thankful to God for the teams that I was blessed to participate with during this process - the Building Committee, the Advisory Board, the Trustees, and the Elders.  It was an exciting and hard and grace filled year!  God has blessed us with many faithful and gifted leaders.

I am thankful to God for the team of ministry minded individuals we worked with from Church Solutions Group.  Their wisdom and insight into building design, sound, lighting as well as their ability to get great pricing on materials and equipment was worth every penny we spent for their help.  It is not only us that are blessed by this relationship, but the next generation is as well.

I am thankful to God that we have an awesome facility in which to minister more effectively and be a blessing to our community.

Lastly, I am thankful to God that in the end, the church is the people, and I love the people of CCC whom God has called me to pastor.  Thank you for allowing me to serve you and extended the grace to grow as your pastor and leader for the last seven years!


Grace and Peace,

Pastor David

1 comment: