Translate

Monday, May 27, 2019

A Broader Reason to Read your Bible Daily

Here is an incredibly eye-opening and humbling reason to read our bibles from an interview with theologian Kevin Vanhoozer . . . 
There’s a reason to begin the day with Bible reading. It reminds me that I too am a character in God’s ongoing historical drama, with lines to say and things to do. As James 1:22-25 says, those who peer into Scripture see themselves as they truly are. Reading the Bible on a regular basis helps me stay in tune with the real world, which is not death and taxes, but what the Father is doing in the Son through the Spirit to renew creation, and me, so that I can live each day in a way that images God and embodies the mind of Christ. Read the whole interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment